Monday, March 1, 2010

And here I am.

I've cried a lot today. If you added up how much I've cried, I'd say it would equal at least an hour. Think of that: A straight hour of crying. And I might do it some more before the night is up. I'm feeling a little misty this very moment.

I tend to get stuck in the present. I haven't been able to think of how good this move and job could (or will) be for me. Instead, I can't stop thinking of the fact that I've left behind everyone I care about. It's totally selfish but I can't stop. I may have been miserable and futureless in Gainesville, but at the end of the day, I had friends, in my house and in a few minutes' driving distance. At the end of today, I won't have that. And there will never be another time in my life when all of those people, including me, will be together in the same place.

I want to fast forward to the time when I will feel comfortable here.

I'm in Charleston, in the house I'm going to be living in until the end of July. It's very cute, exactly what I could have hoped for. The neighborhood reminds me of where I lived in downtown Gainesville, and it's not at all like the snooty place I stayed at the last time I was here. My roommates seem nice, even though two of the three I have met are moving out. It doesn't feel like my house yet. It feels like their house, which it is. This is really strange.

I will take pictures to illustrate things at a later date.

Tomorrow I start my first real work day.

1 comment: